Sewing Dreams



Sewing is one of my hobbies, but it's something I haven't done in a while. A couple of months ago I put away the sewing machine and the sewing notions that were scattered all over the dining room table when we did a big clean up and had people over. Needless to say I haven't had the chance to take it out again. But I do love sewing, especially when you start a project and it miraculously looks good in the end. The problem is that I'm a messy do-er--whatever it may be, be it knitting or sewing or cooking, the room usually ends up looking like a hurricane hit it. You should see my desk at work--it's the same. I suppose I like to see where everything is, because I tend to forget about a thing's existence if it's not there in front of me.

Anyway, I was browsing in a magazine store one day and came upon the September issue of Burda fashion magazine. If you are interested in garment sewing, this is a really good resource, because each issue comes with about 40 or more patterns that you can trace out (however, navigating the multiple coloured, overlapping, crisscross lines is another matter). So instead of paying 8 bucks for a single pattern, you'd get multiple patterns for 12 bucks. It's a real deal.

Some of the clothes in the issue look fabulous, especially looking forward to the fall. They are simple (the first blouse looks extremely simple to make), and romantic and classic.

I doubt that I'll get around to any of these projects, but who knows? I might start working on that dress I cut out a few months ago....







1 comment:

  1. Wow, making a blouse yourself? Really? My only sewing experience was making a very simple skirt for my class when I was in middle school - I don't think I enjoyed it. Though it would be fabulous to make such a beautiful (and literally only) blouse. Hope you get into it! :)

    ReplyDelete