Waffle Dishcloths


Sometimes there's nothing better than sitting at home and knitting, while you're watching 30 Rock or something. One the weekend I bought some Bernat Cotton yarn (5 balls @ around $1.50 each), and knitted 4 dish cloths. The first one was a slow-go, but by the 3rd one I could knit these with my eyes closed. The pattern makes a deliciously squishy and textured cloth (good for scrubbing). I don’t know whether to keep ‘em and use them myself or give them as gifts. Hmmm. Better make some more….stripeys? [Update: I've now made eight of the lil' suckers.]


Pattern: Waffle Dishcloth by Deb from Homespun Living (you can buy these from her too, if you’re too lazy or knitting incapable). What a great, easy pattern! All knits and purls, no complicated stuff. I added the crochet loop on mine for practical purposes.

Yarn : Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (I know, Lion Brand is better but sometimes it's just a matter of convenience...and price. One dishcloth takes about 2/3 a 50g ball. I used 4.00mm needles.

Result: Wonderful, practical dishcloths. Actually makes you want to wash dishes. Plus, it’s a very addictive and fast knit.


The only problem: I'm afraid of using them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment